Introduction: MCP23017 Break Out Board IOBOB
MCP23017 BoB with DIN rail mounting and proper wire to board connectors and indicator LEDs.
- Reliable spring cage wire to board connectors
- Pluggable power and I2C connector
- Indicator LEDs to display IO state for input or output
- Selectable address to enable connecting 8 devices to same bus
- Functions the same as MCP23017
- Possibility for pull up resistors (recommended to pull up at host)
- Operation even down to 1.8 V (LED operation down to 2.5 V)
Step 1: Connections
With many options for MCP23017 break out board available, there are few with proper wire to board connectors.
Spring cage connectors (Phoenix Contact 1990025) keep 20 - 26 AWG or 0.14 - 0.5 mm² wires securely in place. Power and I2C connector can be un-plugged for troubleshooting purposes.
Step 2: Mounting
Mounts to standard 35 mm DIN rail and 30 mm C-rail.