Introduction: Making a Flour Tortilla Pizza
Hi! My name is Riley Newell and I am in 11B.
This recipe is a simple and delicious tortilla pizza that you can make in just 5 short minutes. Though it is extremely quick and easy to create, it looks and tastes like something a personal chef would make you. Chances are you already have each ingredient in your fridge, so continue on to learn how to make this delectable flour tortilla pizza yourself.
- Olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Preferred pasta or pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil, oregano, thyme or other spices
- Cheese grater
Step 1: Oil & Tortilla
- Measure about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add it to a skillet over medium heat.
- Place flour tortilla into skillet, over top of the oil and spead it around to ensure the the entire bottom of the tortilla is coated.
Step 2: Add Sauce
This step involves adding the desired amount of sauce to the tortilla as it is still cooking. In my opinion, the best sauce for this pizza is tomato-basil pasta sauce, but any type will work just as good.
- Use a spoon to scoop out a few tablespoons of your desired sauce
- Spread the sauce until it is an even layer
Step 3: Add Cheese
This step involves adding different kinds of cheese over top of the pizza as the skillet heat is reduced. The decision to use freshly grated cheese or storebought cheese is based simply on preference.
- Reduce the stovetop heat to low
- Add desired amount of grated mozzarella over top of the sauce
- Add a smaller amount of grated parmesan cheese over top of the mozzarella
Step 4: Add Spices
This step involves combining different spices for some flavor. I usually use basil, oregano, and thyme, but there are others that would work as well.
- Gather the kinds of spices you wish to use and sprinkle a controlled amount on top of the cheese
Step 5: Place in Broiler
This step involves placing your finished pizza in a broiler or toaster oven in order for the cheese to become golden brown.
- Place the pizza in a broiler or a toaster oven for about 3-5 minutes depending on how golden and crispy you want your pizza to be
- Use a spatula to take out your pizza and plate it
Step 6: Enjoy Your Fresh Pizza
Congratulations! You have (hopefully) succesfully made a flour tortilla pizza.
If you would like additional information on the pizza and a breakdown of its ingredients, and/or want to see trustworthy reviews from people who have followed my recipe, then click this link: