Introduction: Marble Cannon
Marble Cannon by Logan Jones and Henry Smith
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- 2 Headbands
- 1 20 in x 5 1/2 in piece of wood
- 2 12 in x 3 1/4 in pieces of wood
- 2 feet of PVC pipe
- 1 17 1/2 in Dowel rod
- 1 Threaded pipe
- 4 Nuts
- Electrical Tape
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
- 6 screws
- 2 eye screws
Step 2: Drilling the Dowel Rod
- Drill a hole that will fit your threaded rod 4 inches from the base of your dowel rod to provide room to grab onto it.
- Once the dowel rod is drilled, insert the threaded rod into the hole and screw on a nut on each side of the rod.
- Put the other nuts onto the threaded rod about a 1/2 inch away from the first on. This is where you will place your headbands
- Tape the ends of the threaded rod off to stop the nuts from slipping off or moving.
Step 3: Constructing the Base
- Take the 20 x 5 1/2 board and measure 10 inches from the end. This is where your stand that will hold your cannon will start.
- Repeat on both sides of the board
Step 4: Putting the Cannon Together
- Cut your 2 feet of PVC pipe into a 18 inch piece and a 6 inch piece. The 18 inch piece will be the cannon barrel and the 6 inch piece will be its turning point.
- Drill 2 screws into the side of the base, while holding the PVC pipe in the middle of the screws.
- take the 18 inch piece and glue it to the 6 inch piece to prepare it for taping.
- Wrap the two together with electrical tape until you have a solid base. The more the better.
Step 5: Shooting Mechanism
- Drill the eye screws into both sides of the base. These will hold one end of the headband during the firing process.
- Place the Dowel rod into the end of the 18 inch piece of PVC pipe. The opposing end of the barrel will be where the marble comes out
- Tie the head bands around the eye screws and pull back to the end of the threaded rod in between the 2 nuts