Introduction: Micro:bit Drawbot
With the :MOVE mini buggy kit for micro:bit we have a movable robot and we can code to draw.
- :MOVE mini buggy kit
- ink pencil
- computer with internet access
Step 1: Pedagogical and Maker Objectives
- Learn to code with blocks (makecode).
- Learn to 2D Draw.
- Advance in coding to achieve challenges.
- Built a little robot with the micro:bit (is a pocket-sized codeable computer with motion detection, a built-in compass, LED display, and Bluetooth technology built in).
- A fun introduction to the world of DiWO robotics.
Step 2: Step by Step
1- Unpacking the :move (:move mini is a 2 wheeled robot that is suitable for autonomous operation, remote control projects via a bluetooth application or being controlled using a second micro:bit as a controller via the microbits radio functionality).
2- It requires mechanical assembly.
3- Add code for autonomous operation.
4- Attaching a pen and code the robot to draw shapes.
5- Put some challenges to advance in coding (draw a triangle or draw a cercle...).
6- (Add-on) We can use in conjunction with the free micro:bit Android App and control it over Bluetooth.
7- (Add-on) We can use the radio function and a second micro:bit as a controller.