Introduction: Mini Pumpkin Pi-es
In honor of Pi Day, I made mini pumpkin pies using my muffin top pan!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients (except pie crust) until combined.
- In a perfect world, you'd have a cookie cutter that's just a bit larger than the 3.5 inch muffin top crevices. In the real world, you use whatever round shape you have on hand (in this case, a bowl) and roll the dough out a little to make up for the size. Uneven edges = more crust! Right?
- Ball up the scraps and re-roll on a lightly floured surface. Using a pi cookie cutter (or freehand for the artsy types), cut out the pi shape and place on a plate.
- Fill your mini pies with the pumpkin mix and top with pie crust pi.
- You can use an egg wash here if you want a darker crust (egg yolk and a little water for a nice shiny golden crust)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust is golden.
Participated in the
Pi Day Pie Challenge