Introduction: MultiBoard Setup/install
MultiBoard is a programma that can be used to connected multiple keyboards to a Windows computer. And then reprogram the input of these keyboards. For example open a application or run AutoHotkeyscript when a certain key is pressed.
To get this working you need a Arduino and a usb hostshield to intercept the keystrokes.
Step 1: Assemble Hardware
- Put the Arduino host shield onto the Arduino UNO
- Align the pins (images for reference)
- Push the shield down.
- Connect the USB cable.
Step 2: Install Arduino IDE
Download and install from:
Step 3: Usb Host Library
- Download library from: https://github.com/Tygo-bear/MultiBoard
- Cop this folder: "USBHIDBootKbd\USB_Host_Shield_20" to "Documents\Arduino\libraries"
Step 4: Arduino Code
- Open the code in the Arduino IDE: "\USBHIDBootKbd\USBHIDBootKbd.ino"
- Get a UUID from https://www.uuidgenerator.net/ and copy it.
- Paste it in dynamicID variable (see image for reference).
- Flash the code onto the Arduino.
- Connect your second keyboard with the usb host shield.
Step 5: Install MultiBoard
Get the latest stable version from: