Introduction: Nerf Maverick 3d Printed Mods
Teaching an old dog old tricks - with more modern technology.
A modern version of the classic mods for the nerf maverick made popular by Dragonteuthis on nerfhaven. Including:
- Penny Mod
- Removal of dead space from plunger "straw" mod
- Removal of the AR and associated dead space, with an option to completely remove thedart post if you like
This can be a fun way to let children loose with 3d printing and Nerf modding without them messing up your Rapidstrike. This can also be a way for those with an old Maverick they remember fondly to give it some TLC (HvZ players, I'm looking at you).
This instructable assumes you have access to a 3d printer, all the parts are free downloads from thingiverse (see supplies section)
Get those files printed, and lets jump right in
Step 1: Penny Mod
- Download the "penny" spacer file from thingiverse if you haven't already
- Ignore the fact the pictured one has no hole in the centre, that was just a test piece
- Disassemble the blaster and insert the "penny" behind the spring
- When you put the blaster back together (either
Step 2: Plunger Deadspace Removal
- Download the deadspace removal part from thingiverse and print with the elipse opening down (on the print bed)
- Clean any extra plastic from the end which touches the print bed
- Locate any o-rings (if you are going to use them) in the grooves
- Slide the part into the Maverick plunger. It should fit reasonably tightly -even with no o-rings - if not a dab of hot glue / a shim may help things stay put.
Step 3: AR Deadspace Removal
There are two ways to do this:
- Remove the air restrictor (AR), and the orange dart post / cap piece, and replace them with a tall (without post) dead space removal part
- Remove only the the air restrictor (AR), and retain the dart post/cap (this requires the short "with post" part)
Procedure is as follows:
- Download either the tall or short deadspace removal part from thingiverse. Print with the o-ring lip upward.
- Take off the dart post / cap piece and remove the AR
- Slide the dead-space removal part into the AR housing in the black barrel end (see picture)
- Fit any optional o-ring
If you have used the tall part - you are done - reassemble the barrel
If you have used the short part - place the dart post / cap back over the AR housing