Introduction: No-Sew Stuffed Pac Man Toy/Decorations
Inspired by Youtube tutorials that say you can stick fabric stuff together using hot glue instead of sewing.
I made these for my best overseas friend who I know loves all things Pac-Man.
Step 1: You Will Need
- felt (in pac-man colours, including black)
- sharpie / marker
- fabric paint
- sewing pins
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- stuffing ( I used stuff from inside an old pillow)
- computer + printer
Step 2: Stencils
I took these pictures of Pac-Man character outlines and pasted them onto a word document.
I then adjusted them using the computer to get them to the size I wanted.
I then printed and cut them out to make the stencils.
Step 3: Making the Shapes
- Fold the piece of felt in half
- Place the cut out stencil on a folded piece of felt
- Press down on the stencil and draw around it using a sharpie / marker
- Pin the 2 halves of the felt together
Step 4: Creating the Body
- keeping the pins in, cut out the shape of the ghost / pac-man
- you now have 2 identical pieces
Step 5: Making the Body With Ribbon
- still leaving the pins in, squeeze hot glue slowly along the edge of one piece, pressing the edge of the other piece to the glued edge as you go along, leaving a 1.5 inch gap at the top
- push stuffing in through the gap
- fold a piece of ribbon in half, and stick the ends together using a drop of glue
- push the glued ends of the ribbon into the hole at the top of the 'ghost'
- seal the top of the 'ghost' with the ribbon sticking out using hot glue
Step 6: Adding Features
for scared ghosts:
- draw on eyes and mouth using fabric paint
- wait to dry
for normal ghosts
- fold a piece of white felt in half
- cut out 2 identical eye shapes (large ovals)
- draw in the black of the eye using fabric paint / sharpie / marker
- stick on to the 'body' using a drop of hot glue for each eye
- wait to dry
Participated in the