Introduction: Orange Mocha Frappuccino Recipe
With Zoolander 2 coming out, I thought it would be fun to share a Orange Mocha Frappuccino recipe. I was watching Zoolander a few months ago and when the scene came up where the male models went to get Orange Mocha Frappuccinos, my husband asked if I had tried that flavor combination net. I hadn't, so I went in the kitchen and mixed one up. Orange and chocolate are a great combination so it makes sense that they would make a pretty tasty frappuccino.
Find more Frappuccino recipes, and other Starbucks copycat recipes, in this collection: Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Step 1: Supplies
This recipe is a single serving and makes about the equivalent of a 16oz Grande from Starbucks.
- 2c ice
- 1/4c strong coffee
- 1/2c milk / or / Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Chocolate sauce / or / Torani's Chocolate Milano Syrup
- 3 tbsp Orange Syrup / or / Tangerine Syrup* (I didn't have orange so I used Tangerine and that worked for me; I've tried Blood Orange and it was horrible in this drink, so I don't suggest using that)
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- Pinch of Xantham Gum (optional)
Replace coffee with milk.
- Chocolate Sauce
- Chocolate Shavings
- Whipped Topping
- Orange Zest (This didn't taste good when I got to it in the drink, but it looks nice)
- Orange Jimmies Sprinkles
- Blender - I use a Magic Bullet at home, it's great for making individual drinks though doesn't blend quite as well as the Vitamix
- Ice cube trays - small ice cubes make for even easier blending
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cups for serving
- Straws - I'm a fan of reusable ones / or / Orange Striped Paper Straws
*Torani has pointed out that some of their fruity syrups are acidic like real fruit and could possibly cause milk to curdle. Their suggestion to avoid this is to mix the syrup with the coffee and then add that to the milk. Adding the syrup to the coffee "dilutes the acidity of the syrup."
Step 2: Blend and Top
Blend everything together and top with your choice of toppings.
I decided to use whipped topping (as usual), chocolate shavings, and orange zest. The zest looked nice, but I didn't like when the taste of it. Use it if you want, it won't add to the flavor or anything, but it makes it look fancy.
Step 3: Enjoy
Participated in the