I HATE the words Vegan and Organic. Why? Because they conjure a vision of tasteless, cardboard like food. Ironically, the reality is totally opposite. Anyway, this Instructable is for my favorite cookie "Base". I call it a base because you can mix and match the spices and fillings and come up with different tasting cookies every time you bake.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
Gather your ingredients...
1 Cup - Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Cup - Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup + 1 Tblsp - Organic Sugar
1/2 Cup - Applesauce(No Sugar... just Apples)
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp - Baking Powder
1/2 tsp - Baking Soda
1/2 tsp - Sea Salt
1 Tblsp - Cinnamon
1/2 Cup - Organic Raisins (My favorite, but you can add whatever you like... nuts, craisins, seeds, etc.)
1 Tblsp - Water
Step 2: Mix
1. Mix whole wheat flour, apple sauce and water together and let sit for about 20 minutes. This allows the flour to absorb some moisture and soften.
2. Mix flour mixture with Coconut Oil.
3. Add in sugar.
4. Mix oats with baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Add in oat mixture.
6. Finally add in raisins or whatever your feel like.
7. NOW preheat your oven at 350 degrees and place your cookie mix into the fridge.
Step 3: Place and Bake
When your oven has reached temp, pull your mix from the fridge.
Place about 2 Tablespoons of mix onto parchment paper about 2 inches apart. You will get about 2 dozen cookies.
Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 4: They're Delicious
Eat up! These freeze very well also.
Participated in the