Introduction: 'PET Robotic Arm' Micro:bit Project
Research shows that only 25% of the plastics we used are recycled.
More than 6 billion tons have been thrown away or incinerated, making the planet sick.
I made a robot arm by recycling waste plastic and made a plastic bottle robot arm so that I could use the robot arm to have fun picking up and disposing of garbage.
- servo motor
- micro:bit SOKIT
- PET bottle
Step 1: Making Plastic Bottle Tongs
- Draw a pattern on the plastic bottle in the shape of tongs.
- Cut the plastic bottle with scissors or a knife
Step 2: Making 'Y' Shape Support (axis) With a Plastic Bottle
- Cut the remaining part of the PET bottle into lengths of 1cm*5cm.
- Connect the pieces together with a stapler to make a 10cm stick (2 pieces).
- Put the two sticks in contact and fix half of the sticks with a stapler.
- Check if it has a'Y' shape.
Step 3: Create an 'I' Shaped Support and Connect It With a 'Y' Shaped Support
- Use a piece of plastic bottle to make an'I' shape support of 0.6cm * 3cm.
- Connect the'Y' shape support and the'I' shape support with a stapler.
- Check that the'I' shaped support moves like an arm joint.
Step 4: Attaching The'Y' Shape Support to the Plastic Bottle Clip
Make a rectangular [1cm * 3cm] hole on the top of the plastic bottle tongs.
Insert the'Y' support into the plastic bottle tongs and pull out the'I' support through the square hole.
Connect the'Y' part with the plastic bottle tongs.
Move the'I' support to see if the tongs work.
Step 5: Connecting the Servo Motor to the 'Y' Support
- Fix the servomotor horn to the'I' support using a rubber band.
Insert the servo motor into the servo motor horn.
Fix the servo motor to the plastic bottle with double-sided tape.
Step 6: Nicely Decorating
- Decorate it with paint or colored paper.
Step 7: Upload the Code
Participated in the
Block Code Contest