Introduction: Paper Light Boxes
Hi Makers! Welcome back to our Instructables page! Today we wanted to do a quick step-by-step on how to make these really simple paper lightboxes. It may seem a bit difficult at first, but with help, you'll be able to get it done in no time.
- First, prepare your paper by placing it into the laser
- Next, drag in your files to RE3
- After dragging and dropping your files into RE3 you want to turn off all of your raster layers
- C02 Laser Cutter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Acrylic Adhesive
- LED Light Strip
Step 1: Cutting the Materials
- Time to adjust your power settings.
- 100 Spees, 15 Power, and 20 Current
- Once you finish with your first layer, you're going to do the same thing with the rest of your layers. -Next, we want to cut our 1/4" foam board for our spacers. This file was designed so you don't lose any pieces when cutting the corners.
Step 2: Assembly
- once cut, break apart the foam board pieces.
- While gluing to the acrylic board, use foam corners to give enough room to hide the LED controller.
- Hot glue the LED strips to the acrylic board.
Step 3: Final Product
- Cut the strip once it has been wrapped all the way around.
- Time for the engraved acrylic layer. -Now you can start gluing the paper layers 1 by 1. You'll want to use your spacers between each paper layer.
- Pro tip- as the glue is drying, tug on the corners of the paper and pull taut without ripping.
- Time to build the acrylic box.
- Place the light inside the box and test before gluing the lid closed.