Because Mother's Day was coming up and I was given this as a school assignment I made a flower/ herb planter made from extra scrap planks of wood that were already in the garage.
- Dog Ear Fence Pickets (4)
- Wood Glue
- Wood Stain
- Exterior Wood Screws (10)
- Miter saw
- Screw driver
Step 1: Measurements and Cuts
- A-1/2 in x 5in x 6ft (3)
- B-5 1/2in x 7in (2)
Using the miter saw, cut the "dog ear" off of the picket for all four pickets.
Take the fourth picket and cut it into two 5.5in x 7in pieces
Step 2: Assemble and Stain
- Using wood glue attach two A pickets to the third A picket that's laying flat
- Then attach the two B pieces to both ends with more wood glue
- Attach all the pieces by using 5 screws per end
- Now take the brush and apply the stain in a thin layer
- Wait 10mins and then wipe the rest of the stain off
- Then finally wait for over 1hr before adding the second layer
Step 3: Finished
Now that the wood stain and glue is dried the planter is ready to fill with soil and herbs.
Participated in the
First Time Author Contest