Introduction: Portable Led Projector for Light Effects
I always liked the colorful light effects in the pictures...
So I came up with the idea of creating a portable led projector for photography and movie making.
An infinite number of filters that we can make for such a lamp expand its possibilities in photography. Filters can be made of various lenses, filters, mirrors, apertures ...
So let's begin!
Step 1: Collect Items
- Arduino pro mini or nano/micro and if needed USB/UART or TTL converter,
- Neopixels strip ( for this project I used 9 leds),
- Rotary encoder with button,
- USB cable,
- A few wires,
- Heat sink for leds,
- Lenses, multi-lens, filters ( I founded them in old 3lcd projector),
- 1/4"-20 female thread,
- Smal pcb (It is not necessary. You can connect all power cables together),
- Plywood ( For laser cutter),
- Soldering iron and tin,
- Most important, your time :)
Step 2: Cut Needed Parts
Download rar. file.
Unzip files and find "project" folder.
Cut needed parts using laser cutter (you can edit them and print on 3D printer).
I covered the plywood with tape.
Step 3: Solder Parts
Solder parts and wires as in the diagram.
Arduino and neopixel strip must be grounded together!
Dont plug power yet. :)
Step 4: Programming
In the attached file, you need libraries for the rotary encoder and a program for the projector.
Do not plug in the usb power cable, use the voltage from the USB
converter for arduino programming by selecting the appropriate 3.3V or 5V voltage.
If you have trouble verifying and sending the code to Arduino then:
- Copy the code from the attached file
- Paste it in a new file
- Click verify Then save the sketch in the default folder with other Arduino sketches
- Upload the code to Arduino. Connect your arduino to the computer, change the code in pins if you use other. Upload the program.
Step 5: Glue the Cut Parts
Glue the cut parts and connect elements together just like in the pictures. :)
Longer and wider walls are side elements, shorter ones and narrow ones are the base and the upper part.
Let it dry.
Step 6: Final. Good and Productive Fun!
Have fun and creative fun!
If you liked this idea, please vote :)
Participated in the