Introduction: Printing, Assembling, and Using Easy Tie
Today you are going to learn how to use print, assemble, and use the E-Z Tie, a device that with the help of a 3D printer allows you to easily tie your shoes with one hand.
Step 1: Get the Right Supplies
Make sure you have. . .
- An untied shoe with regular laces that you can easily slide on your foot
- The E-Z Tie 3D file downloaded to a computer
- Access to a 3D printer
Step 2: Printing the Parts
- Begin with the file downloaded to a computer hooked up to a 3D printing machine
- You are going to want to print the parts to the scale already set on the file
- Wait for the machine work its magic
Step 3: Assembling the Parts
You should have five individual parts resulting from the 3D printer. Once you have the parts, identify the two small loops, the two narrow hooks, and the small cylindrical link.
- No further assembly is required for the loops
- Take both narrow hooks and make sure the hooks are facing out
- Firmly stick the small cylinder piece in the holes between the hooks in order to connect them.
Step 4: Prepare Your Shoe for E-Z Tie
Congratulations! Your E-Z Tie is now assembled. Now its time to prepare your shoe for tying.
- Slip your shoe on your foot
- Make sure to adjust the tightness of the laces so it is comfortable
- Cross your shoe laces in an "X" shape, and lace the top lace under the bottom and pull tight, creating the initial knot
Step 5: Using the Loops
- Loop the laces one by one through each E-Z Tie loop
- Push each E-Z Tie loop to the base of the shoe, allowing the retention of the loop shape, even when you let go of the loop
- Tie your loops in a regular knot like the initial knot as tight as you can manage
- The loops will be held in place by the knot
Step 6: Using the Hooks
- Take the scissor like hooks and hook each loop around each hook
- Pull the Loops tight
- Admire your perfectly tied shoe