Introduction: Reindeer Christmas Gift Card
A simple, reindeer shaped card with a pocket for a small gift such as a chocolate coin.
Ideal for children to give out as cards before Christmas to their school friends, or as a small token to a friend or family member.
Also makes a great decoration for the tree or a bookshelf.
This design was created in Adobe Illustrator and then converted to PDF. I can supply the adobe files if requested, as they have cut and fold layers included for use with a cutting/plotting machine and appropriate plugin.
Step 1: Print, Cut, Fold...
You will need:
- The two attached PDF Files
- A colour printer
- Some string (glittery if possible)
- Scissors (and/or scalpel)
- A bead (or felt tip of your own colour choice, for the eye)
- If using a bead for the eye, some glue (PVA or similar to attach bead to card).
- Print the two attached PDF files - one on each side of a single sheet of white A4 Card - this will ensure your card is coloured on both sides.
- Cut the design out along the indicated lines, taking care. The print is designed to be wider than the cut line, to make the final design neater.
- Cut the slot (you may wish to use a scalpel for this) in the body for the tab and cut the slot on the head and antlers, where they will be joined together later (not yet!)
- You may wish to colour the eye or glue a small bead to it.
- Cut a hole in the tag for the string.
- Fold the legs down, then fold the tab and tuck it into the slot from the outside, making a central pocket.
- Insert chocolate coin / real coin / small candy cane or other small gift into the pocket - you may wish to secure it with tape.
- Write a message on the tag for the recipient and attach the tag to the reindeer's neck with a loop of string - easier with the antlers off at this point.
- Finally attach the antlers using the slots.
- Place it in an envelope or give it out as is - the antlers will fold flat.
- The reindeer is free standing, so makes a nice card or decoration for the recipient!