Introduction: Retro ESP32
Game Boy Pocket - ESP32 Drop In Solution
Retro ESP32 is a Game Boy Pocket form factor, drop in solution for retro gaming.
Do we need one?
From the makers of the Gaboze Pocaio
Things you can find on this kit
- 2.6" TFT LCD
- USB (Charge Port, Serial Port)
- Brightness Control Thumbwheel
- Volume Control Thumbwheel
- Power LED - 3mm diffused
- New Conductive Pads
- Headphone Jack (LM4857)
- Speaker capability (LM4857)
Audio Amp (LM4857)
FULLY ASSEMBLED PCB
Something a little different
Installed for you is the base firmware for running all your other applications.
If you wish to jump straight into emulation... ...see the installation section below
Custom Retro ESP32 Emulator Launcher
Copy, Mount, Flash
We kept installation of Retro ESP32 super simple.
- Downloads the latest release
- Unzip the file
- Copy RetroESP32.fw to the odroid/firmware folder of your prepared SD card
- Mount the SD Card back into your Retro ESP32 mainboard
- Restart Holding the B button
- Select Retro ESP32 from the firmware list
- Sit back and relax while your Odroid Go flashes the new firmware
What else do you need to know
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Nintendo Game Boy
- Nintendo Game Boy Color
- Sega Master System
- Sega Game Gear
- Sinclair Zx Spectrum 48k
- Atari 2600
- Atari 7800
- Atari Lynx
- PC Engine
Don't forget to read it
The Retro ESP32 mainboard. Fully assembled, soldered and ready to go
What's NOT Included
- Game Boy Pocket Shell
- SD Card
- LiPo Battery
Have your say!
Don't be shy, our team is here
Although we do this for 💕 of 🕹️
Step 1: Backstory
We love Hard Kernel and their amazing product base including the Odroid GO
We wanted to design, build and solution on trusted SoC. The ESP32 Wrover was selected for ease of use and extensive build tools available across all development platforms.
This STEM based ESP32 for your Game Boy Pocket is a real treat.Features include:
- 2.6" 320x240 TFT Display
- Audio Amp (Headphone / Speaker)
- Volume and Brightness Control
- FTDI FT232RL USB UART
The Retro ESP32 is intended as an educational 'toy' for the world of Makers
A low barrier to entry and NO soldering experience needed, AT ALL, there is NOTHING to solder, plug in and go!It has full support for:
- ESP-ISP Dev Toolchain
- Arduino Toolchain
- Whatever else you want to throw at it
This is a great opportunity to get your STEM on!
Yes, It's a drop in PCB with the form factor of the Game Boy Pocket
Step 2: Eagle CAD!
Step 3: Gallery
Participated in the
1 Person Made This Project!
- 32teeth made it!