Introduction: Rice Casserole ( Doria ) With Homemade Consommé Soup
Hi! This time, I made Rice casserole ( Doria) with homemade consommé soup. I put kelp in consommé soup so it became little Japanese flavour I guess:) This is long process so if you have a days off, you could try because I took almost 2 days for this.. haha. First, make bouillon then make Consommé soup. After that I finally could make the Rice casserole! It took long but the taste is really original and homemade food that makes me hearty :)
Step 1: Ingredients / 3-4 Servings
[Bouillon] - A whole chicken bones - 1 onion - 1 carrot - 1 celery - 2 cloth to strain soup
( Bouchet garni) - 2 small parsley stems, 2 bay leaves, 1 thyme, a string
[Consommé soup] - 350g beaf shank meat - Bouillon - 15cm kelp - 2 onions - 1 carrot - 1 celery - 2 egg whites
[Rice casserole ] - 200cc consommé soup - 250g chicken - 1 onion - mushrooms - 50 cc white wine - salt and pepper ( white sauce) - 35g butter ( first put the butter on the dish) - 4 tbsp flour - 300 cc milk - salt and pepper - 2 bay leaves
- Cheese ( I used Gouda cheese ) - Bread to color nice brown - basil to taste - 400 g rice
Step 2: Make Bouillon ①
( Preprocessing )
- Rinse a whole chicken bones and boil them for 1 min. Remove the inners and bloody color then give a good rinse.
- Cut the chicken bones into chunks and remove the fat. Place the bones in a large pot. While simmering, remove the impurities that float to the surface. Add all of the vegetables as well.
- Make Bouquet garni. Tied the herbs with a string. Then, add them in the pot. Simmer at least 2 hours.
Step 3: [ Chicken Consommé Soup ]①
Set aside, minced beef shank meat , kelp(take off the white powder of it lightly with paper towel) , onions, carrot celery ( cut roughly) , 2 bay leaves. White eggs.
- knead the meat well in the pan and add vegetables. Then, knead well.
Step 4: [ Bouillon ]②
- After simmering 2 hours, strain the soup with a cloth gently. Remove the excess oil with kitchen paper several times.
Step 5: [ Chicken Consommé Soup ]②
- Soak the kelp in the bouillon soup for 30 min. Then, add the bouillon soup and kelp in the pan. ( take off the kelp before boiling) Heat at over high heat. mix gently and rub on the pan until almost boiling. When almost boiling, lowering the temperature. Then, simmer for 1 hour and half at low heat. While simmering, move the white egg that float to the surface( outward from the centre)
- Strain the soup with a cloth. Done!
Step 6: [Rice Casserole]
- Cut vegetables and meat. Set aside bay leaves and boiled macaroni.
- Spread the butter in the inside of the dish.
- Stir-fry all ingredients (except bay leaves) until tender . Then, add salt and pepper, white wine. Simmer another more times .
Step 7: [ Make a White Sauce]
- Melt butter on low heat and add flour. After fry them well, gradually add milk and keep mixing. Whisk over. Then add consommé soup. Season with salt and pepper and add bay leaves. Mix and heat until the mixture is thick. - Add all the ingredients. Then, blend them and heat another times. Done!
Step 8: [ Finishing ]
- Place rice and the mixture
- Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Uncover and bake 375 F for about 20 min( until golden brown)
Thank you so much and see you ~