Introduction: Scary Dark Dark- the Breathing Lamp in Dark
This lamp is made for people that have to walk to their beds after closing the light. By adjusting the time length of the LED light, you could have your own lamp that doesn't shine through the night but could provide you a safe way back to your bed!
Step 1: Prepare the Materials
- Arduino Leonardo Board 1
- LCD 16*2 I2C Display 1
- Photoresistor 1
- Potentiometer 1
- 40PCS Dupont Wire Jumpercables 20cm 2.54MM Male - male 1P-1P 8
- 40PCS Dupont Wire Jumpercables 20cm 2.54MM Male - Female 1P-1P 11
- A light-emitting diode (any color)
- USB 2.0 a-male to micro b cable 1
- A computer with Arduino and USB as the input, if not, be sure to use an adapter!
- A Power bank with USB output
- Kadian Sid (color of choice)
- Utility knife 1
- Ruler (Longer than 17.5 cm) 1
Step 2: Build the Circuit
Connect all the materials just as the picture
Step 3: Make the Exterior Container
Above is a blueprint and the size of the boards, I used cardboard and Kadian Sid for making the box. The could be a different choice on the materials in this step.
Step 4: Download File for LCD Display
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE IN THE LINK BELOW TO MAKE YOUR LCD DISPLAY WORK!
Step 5: Copy and Paste the Code on Arduino
Step 6: Connect the Arduino Leonardo Board to Your Computer and Upload the Code~
Step 7: Doneeeeeee
To adjust the time length, turn the potentiometer clockwise to increase the time, anticlockwise to decrease the time.
In normal conditions (opening the light), the LED would also have a constant brightness, and that is normal instead of an error in the code!