Introduction: Send Email With ESP8266 and Arduino UNO
How to get Adafruits "send_email_smtp.ino" to send email with ESP8266 and Arduino UNO.
And eliminating the problem with "no response from module" many have.
The module works on 3.3v logic according to documentation, but I had no issue with 5v rx and tx of arduino, play it at your own risk !!
Step 1: Firmware on the ESP8266
- To get it working, must the firmware on the ESP8266 be version: 0.9.2.4 ! (old firmware!)
USB-connect the Arduino UNO and upload the "BareMinimum"-sketch with Arduino IDE software, so nothing disturb the flasher software. (Find the BareMinimum in "File" > "Examples" > "01.Basics" > "BareMinimum")
- Take note of what COM-port the Arduino UNO use. (See your COM in "Tools" > "Port:")
- Close Arduino IDE after upload and unplug power/USB.
Wirring the ESP8266 to the Arduino UNO as pictures above shows.
Connect the Arduino UNO to USB again.
Download flasher-software and the 0.9.2.4 firmware BIN-fil here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/zcw2gy07s2z60y6/ESP8266_flasher_and_0.9.2.4.zip
Unzip the files into a folder, and run the flasher software (esp8266_flasher.exe)
Click on the "BIN"-button and find the BIN-fil (v0.9.2.4 AT Firmware-ESPFIX.bin) in the folder.
Check whether it is the correct COM port or change it to the correct port.
- To start the upload/flashing, Click on the "Download"-button
If everything is runs, will the flasher software show you the status of flashing and the blue LED on the ESP8266 will blink very fast.
- If: Failed to connect, just try unplug USB and replug the USB again and click on the "Download"-button again !
In the end at 99%, it will show some error but this is ok.
The ESP8266 has now firmware version: 0.9.2.4 !!!
Step 2: Rewiring
- Unplug power/USB.
- Rewirring the ESP8266 to the Arduino UNO as pictures above shows. VERY IMPORTANT !!!
Download the "ESP8266 library" here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/q79ud0f6qzkvcv9/Adafruit_ESP8266-master.zip
- Open the Arduino IDE software and import the library (click "Sketch" > "Include Library" > "Add ZIP. Library..." > find the Adafruit_ESP8266-master.zip -file and click "Open")
USB-connect the Arduino UNO again and upload the "send_email_smtp"-sketch with Arduino IDE software ("Files" > "Examples" > "Adafruit_ESP8266-master" > "send_email_smtp")
- Now just see this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5WZ_BNRvRY
- And adjust the same things as he does. :-)
1 Person Made This Project!
- johnnyfrx made it!