Introduction: Simple Tin Can Decoration
I am going to show you how to make beautiful design out of your already been used aluminum can. This is super easy and takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Used tin can
- Small drill bit (the smaller the better)
Step 1: Prepare the Can
- You need to unwrap the can so only the aluminum is showing like shown in the picture above. (Tip, soak the can under water so that the wrapper becomes weak and comes off easily).
- Then you will want to clean off the sticky substance that is holding the wrap. You will also will want to put under water so it comes off with ease.
Step 2: Prepare to Drill
Next you will want to cut out on some paper the shapes or letters you want to be on your can.
- First you will want either print out the letters or you will want to draw out the letters you wish to have on the can.
- Then you will want to glue the letters on to the can with a glue that will not leave behind marks when you have removed the paper.
- One other alternative is to take a sharpie and draw your design on the can and drill over the sharpie.
- Then wait until the glue or sharpie dries.
Step 3: Drill the Holes
Now comes the fun part, you go and drill the holes over the shape you have chosen. This is the most time consuming but it is enjoyable. Note that if you are going to do a complicated design consisting of multiple holes you are going to want to use a fine drill bit but be careful because you do not want to break the drill bit.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Place you can somewhere that needs decoration. Light your candle and place it in the can. Wait till evening sit back and watch the light shine through your wonderful creation.
Participated in the
Modify It Speed Challenge