Introduction: Smart Temperature/humidity Controller (cloud Connected + Wifi Relay)
SmartPID M5 mini can run all the control process (temperature and humidity control) autonomously on a M5stick C ESP32 microcontroller and drives wirelessly a smart relay (shelly 2.5) that is connected to load and can be locate in a different place.
At the same time SmarPID m5 mini is cloud connected via wifi and can be fully controlled from remote web app.
Despite the compact size, SmartPID m5 is feature rich with different control mode and algorithms, support of different sensor types, brilliant display with simple GUI and easy setup.
Step 1: Logical Architecture
SmartPID M5 mini connects to the home wifi router in client mode and via MQTT connection publish all relevant process data to a MQTT cloud server
Shelly 2.5 wifi relay connect o SmartPID m5 in STA mode (direct point to point connection) and trough Shelly REST API the controller mange the relay status and the configuration parameters
Remote control dashboard subscribe the notification topic and publish commands to mange the process (start/stop, set point change etc)
Step 2: Shelly 2.5 Wifi Relay Connection
Step 3: SmartPID M5 Operation
Step 4: Main Characteristics and Features
this are the main characteristics and functions
- temperature and Humidity control
- 3 Control mode
- ON/OFF control with hysteresis
- Profile (10 ramp/soak points)
- DS18B20 (digital temperature probe)
- DHT12 (combined temp./humidity)
- SHT30 combined temp./humidity)
- Configurable Hysteresis
- Fridge delay protection
- Probe calibration
- Brilliant OLED display and GUI
- 3 buttons operations
- Simple set up and menu config
- USB-C power supply
- Status led indication
- 4 pin port for sensor
- WiFi connection to Cloud server
- remote control web app
- WiFi connection to smart relay
- Shelly 2.5 relay connection
- Power monitor
- Dual channel 10A relay
Step 5: Control Mode
Several control mode are avaialble
Step 6: WiFi Configration
in order to connec to to WIFI and to cloud MQTT server initial provisioning need to be performed
- Scan available WiFi network with smartphone or laptop PC.
- Connect to WiFi network smartpid_xxxxxxx with password smartpid!
- Open in the browser any page and you will be redirected to the input form (in case of problem open directly the page 192.168.4.1).
- Fill the form with relevant data and press save.
- SmartPID m5 mini will reboot and connect to your home WiFi and cloud server.
- Check WiFi and server status in the info or WiFi menu.
Step 7: Shelly 2.5 Pairing
Step 8: LED Status
The SmartPID M5 mini led indicates various status and situations