Introduction: Space Hologram
Making a Hologram is fairly simple with only a few things needed. In the end, you will have an interesting product that only took a few simple steps. The images above show the process that I went through to make this project. Have fun and be safe!
These are your materials and Tools
- Box Cutter with sharp blade
- Hot glue gun or tape Cutting mat Ruler
- (1) small sheet of Graph paper
- Paint or markers for decorating
- (2)Clear Part of CD Case (includes one extra one in case of mistake)
- (1)Shoebox without the Lid
- A smartphone
Step 1: Step 1: Make Your Template
Mark out a trapezoid on a piece of graph paper that measures 3.5 cm in height, 6 cm as the bigger base, and 1 cm as the smaller base.
Step 2: Step 2: Trace Template
Trace this template 4 times on the CD Case(if it does not fit on one, use the extra).
Step 3: Step 3: Cut Out Trapezoids
Carefully cut out each trapezoid with a sharp box cutter on top of the cutting mat. It may take a few tries of going over each line until it fully cuts through. Be careful. If a mistake is made in cutting out a trapezoid, use the spare CD case and retrace another trapezoid and re-cut it.
Step 4: Step 4: Glue/Tape Pieces Together
Once cut out, make a pyramid out of the 4 trapezoids and glue or tape them together one piece at a time. If you are using tape, a little bit of tape should be used to not cover the entire trapezoid.
Step 5: Step 5: Make the Display Box/Decorate It
- Now that the device to make the hologram appear is finished, you have to make the display box using the show box. Cut out a rectangle in the bottom center of one of the long sides of the shoe box. The height of this rectangle is 5.5 cm and the length is 9.5 cm. (you should only be cutting out 3 sides since it is the bottom part of the rectangle).
- Now decorate the box as you please depending on what Hologram you want to make. I want to make space, so I painted it black and put stars on it.
Step 6: Step 6: Find/choose the Picture You Want to Use
Now using your phone, google “hologram pyramid picture”.Choose an image that you want to display, I chose Earth to have the effect that you are looking back at earth from space.
Step 7: Step 7: Save Image
Display the image on full brightness
Step 8: Step 8: Place You Objects
Put the phone down with the image horizontally and place the hologram device over it. Put this inside of the hole you have made in your box.
Step 9: Step 9: Look at the Final Product
Look at the image shown through the device at a ground level, and you should see a hologram of the image you chose. It should look like the image above.