Introduction: Spritz Cookies (gluten/grain Free)
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup butter (cold, cut into chunks)
1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
2. Put all of your ingredients into your food processor . Turn on and process for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Process again for another 30 seconds. You will need to do this (stop, scrape, process) until your dough is completely smooth and there are no chunks of butter left (it takes me about 3 times).
3. Fill your cookie press with the dough and whatever disk shape you've chosen (trees, wreaths, flowers, etc). Pipe onto your parchment paper lined cookie sheet. The cookies will not spread or rise, so you can put them as close to each other as you like!
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes (wreaths are 8 min, flowers are 9 min, trees are 10 min). If you don't have a cookie press but still want to try these, you can also just bake the dough in round balls that you've pushed down until they are slightly flattened (bake for 10-12 min).
5. When they come out of the oven, let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 2 minutes (so they can firm up) before moving them to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. They cool very quickly! Once they are cool, you can decorate them if you like, or eat them plain. We like them just as they are :)
Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies. Store in the fridge or the freezer. They probably won't last long enough to store :)
Notes: These would also be terrific as a sandwich cookie with a layer of chocolate ganache in between two cookies. (see my other instructables for a ganache recipe).