Introduction: Steam Punk Robot
Like any fun project, this came about as a creative outlet, and a step toward learning how to remote control a car or other electronics.
- The goals include
- sourcing parts and
- incorporating powerful off the shelf A. I. with internet of things (IOT).
- learning how to make a smartphone user interface
- a mobility scooter for the base upon which to build your creation
- look at thrift stores and estate sales and your local retirement community
- I used and antique automotive gasoline powered heater for the head
- a mannequin body with some borrowed leather and brass
- used Prius batteries or whatever you can get your hands on
- an amazon alexa dot
- an arduino nano
- an arduino esp8266
- optional servos for head movement
- optional wifi interface for smartphone remote using " remoteXY"
Step 1: Wheel Encoders
If you want to know how far a wheel has moved , then add an encoder to it and count the pulses.
there is a video linked below.
Step 2: Some Failures
I experimented with linear actuators for head movement, they are expensive at around 119 $ each, and my steel head was a bit too heavy for realistic movement.
the video shows heavy duty servos installed instead.
this image is before a pixycam was installed where the nose would be
Step 3: Motor Control Is Bts7960
just search for "HiLetgo BTS7960 43A High Power Motor Driver Module/Smart Car Driver Module for Arduino Current Limit"
or you could just look at this instructable
Step 4: Using Node MCU
there are many instructables and this is one of them for using a nodeMCU
Step 5: RemoteXY Is a User Interface You Build Yourself for Your Smartphone
I went right to the remoteXY site, but here is another one right here on INSTRUCTABLES
Step 6: Animated Eyes
Adafruit has the parts for the eyes
I found the software to be " not for beginners"
Step 7: The Video
we call her "AbBy" because AutoBeYours is abbreviated ABY .
there are more AutoBeYours videos, just search for me , I am Steve Woodruff
only the first 2 minutes are cellphone video, it gets better.
If this made you laugh or if you have questions ..Please leave a comment and consider voting for this instructable!
Participated in the