Introduction: Strawberry Banana Daiquiri Popsicle
These strawberry banana daiquiri popsicles are a real treat on a hot summer's day. You'll want to eat them up quickly because they melt a little faster than regular popsicles, but be careful, these popsicles contain rum! The blended banana and strawberries gives these boozy popsicles more of a smooth and creamy texture than some other alcohol popsicles that tend to be icy.
You can turn this recipe into a non-alcoholic version by leaving out the rum and adding orange juice instead
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- 1 (generous) cup of washed, hulled, and sliced strawberries
- 1 (generous) cup of sliced banana
- 1/2 cup of rum (use less rum if you don't want your popsicles to be too strong and substitute with orange juice, or replace all the rum with orange juice for non-alcoholic popsicles)
- 1-3 tablespoons of Grand Marnier or lime juice
- sugar, honey, or other sweetener to taste (I used a few tablespoons of honey)
- popsicle mold or paper cups and popsicle sticks
Step 2: Blend, Pour, Freeze, & Enjoy
Blend all of your ingredients together and sweeten to taste.
Pour your cocktail into popsicle molds or paper cups. I would suggest using smaller sized molds because these popsicles tend to melt a little faster than popsicles without alcohol added. I used 8 paper cups, which worked out to be 1/2 oz of rum in each popsicle.
Freeze the popsicles over-night and then push in the popsicle sticks in the morning. Freeze for a few more hours.
Remove from cups and enjoy!