Introduction: Sun Melted Broken Crayons
☆(Project for a hot sunny day (95°+))☆
• a wooden mallet or tenderizer or food can; (to smash the crayons in to smaller pieces).
• a small plastic bag of any kind ( to contain the crayon while your smashing them).
• any size plate of any material on hand
• aluminum foil (enough to cover your plate).
• cookie cutters (to fill with crayon pieces).
Take any paper off of the crayons with your fingers.
Break up the broken crayons into smaller pieces with a wooden mallet or tenderizer or food can (Small pieces melt easier
Take the plate you will be using and cover the top of it with aluminum foil. Set cookie cutters on the foil coverd plate.
Add the broken pieces of crayons; fill cookie cutters just to the very top of the cookie cutter.
Place the plate outside in a sunny area (95°+ day). Let them sit in the sun for 3 to 5 hours ( crayons may melt out from underneath the cookie cutters. If his happens, bring inside and add more pieces of crayons to the top of the cookie cutters once more).
Take plate with melted crayons inside to cool.
Once cooled, you should now be able to push the new crayon shapes you created out of the cookie cutters.
Participated in the
Back to Basics Contest