Introduction: TF03 Laser Home Security Alarm
With the development of society, people pay more attention to security. Traditional security, which is carried out by constant patrols by security personnel, is not suitable for the public due to high prices.
While, I recently came into contact with a laser ranging sensor-TF03, which has already reached to the industrial level. And its detect range is 180m. It can work normally with strong light and in rain or frog. Its production level is IP67 and uses UART port. Let's make a TF03 home security alarm device!
Select arduino uno as the main control to communicate with TF03, which monitor the distance. Put the distance monitor to the boundary of the target area, the probe should be parallel to the boundary. Once any object cross the boundary, the value of distance will change. Then we can find out the position of cross-border by analyzing the abnormal distance value, and show the distance from a cross-border point to sensor. Then we can alert the intruder by trumpet and LED light and call a guard.
Moreover, the device is designed with a master button. And the alarm can only be released by the master button. It can be put many areas, yard walls, safety warning line, supermarket anti-theft.
Step 1: 3D Printing Housings
Step 2: Hardware Connection
Step 3: Install Parts to the Housings
(1) Install the main control board-DFRduino UNO, plug -in the IO expansion shield and fix the battery.
(2) Install the display to the other housing, which has more space.
(3) Install 2 LEDs
(4) Install the push button and the speaker.
Step 4: Wiring
(1) Connect the LCD display to IIC interface of the IO expansion shield.
(2) Connect 2 LEDs via A0 and A3.
(3) Connect the push button to D13.
(4) Connect the speaker to D8.
(5) For the TF03 laser range sensor, please connect the Red wire to D3, and the Blue wire to D4, and collect power supply wires.
Then arrange all wires, put 2 housings together, and screw the housing screws.
Step 5: Test Result
I made a test with this device. From the video we can see that when someone passes through the sensor detection range, the device raises an alarm and displays the distance from the human to the sensor on the display.
P.s. Please feel free to visit DFRobot Blog for the code and 3d files.