Introduction: Temperature and Humidity Monitoring Using Blynk
Step 1: ESP8266 – 01 WiFi Module
ESP8266-01 is a Serial WiFi Transmitter and Receiver which can give any Micro-controller access to WiFi Network.
ESP8266 module is of low cost and comes pre-programmed with an AT command set firmware, meaning, you can simply hook this up to your Arduino device and get about as much WiFi-ability as a WiFi Shield offers.This module has a powerful on-board processing and storage capability that allows it to be integrated with the sensors and other application through its GPIOs.
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- It features an integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Equips integrated PLL, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
- SDIO 1.1 / 2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
Step 2: DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor
The DHT11 is a basic, ultra low-cost digital temperature and humidity sensor. It uses a capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor to measure the surrounding air, and spits out a digital signal on the data pin (no analog input pins needed). Its fairly simple to use, but requires careful timing to grab data.
The only real downside of this sensor is you can only get new data from it once every 2 seconds, so when using our library, sensor readings can be up to 2 seconds old.
TECHNICAL DETAILS :
- Low cost3 to 5V power and I/O
- 2.5mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- Good for 20-80% humidity readings with 5% accuracy
- Good for 0-50°C temperature readings ±2°C accuracy
- No more than 1 Hz sampling rate (once every second)
- Body size 15.5mm x 12mm x 5.5mm
- 4 pins with 0.1″ spacing
Step 3: Download Section
Step 4: Circuit Diagram
The above Circuit Diagram shows the connection between Arduino Nano, ESP-01 and DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor.
You can download the Fritzing File Here
Step 5: Configuration Blynk App
Step 6: OUTPUT VIDEO
FIND THE FULL CODE HERE