Introduction: The Flower Mug
This is a cute project that only takes about 10 to 20 minutes.
It is simple to make and the end result is beautiful.
I found the idea on a flower seller site, and I searched here for an Instructable to make my own.
I had no luck finding an instructable here so I winged it!
And here are my results.
This is the perfect last minute mother's day gift, anniversary gift, etc.
I'm actually about to make 9 more for my mom to give to her sisters!
Step 1: Gather the Materials
The materials are quite simple.
1. A nice re-plantable flower.
It should be a nice flower with a long stem.
Leaves are ok too.
The project looks best with a single flower, but more is ok if you'd like.
2. A nice mug.
A nice hand painted mug would be nice and personable!
3. Decorative stuff.
Ribbon, bows, little plastic signs, or anything else.
Step 2: Time to Start
1. Remove the mug from the protective paper it was wrapped in.
2. Now take your replantable plant and remove it from its potter.
3. Seperate the long stemmed flower you would like to place into your mug. Be careful of not to destroy its roots!!! If you tear off the roots trying to seperate it, it will most likely die...
4. What you do with the other flowers is your choice, I planted the rest of my plant along my fence since it was all buds. You may choose to take other flowers and make more flower mugs.
The longest part of this instructable for me was trying to plant the rest of my flower without a proper shovel.
Step 3: Were Almost Done...
Now that we disposed of the rest of our plant how we wished, we can continue.
5. Ok, now take some of the dirt from the potter and put it at the bottom of our mug. You can also mix in some of your dirt from the ground if you wish.
6. Now it is time to place your flower in the mug.
7. Try and make it so the flower is in the middle of the cup so it doesn't tip over.
8. Use more dirt to fill up the mug with and to help stable/center the flower.
Step 4: !!!
Now you can decorate as you wish.
When you are done decorating give the beautiful flower to the person of your choice!
That was a sweet, simple project and it only took a matter of minutes!
The best thing is it saves you about 15-20$ by making it yourself versus buying it from a flower site!!