Introduction: The Lazy Go

About: I am a Physics and Creative Tech Double major at Berry College.

This how I attached my old Recliner to an old go-kart frame and attached a 212cc engine.

Step 1: Step 1: Materials and Tools

First off you're going to need a recliner or any sort of chair could work I guess (But it won't be as cool as a recliner). Then you need a go-kart and an engine to power it all.

I used a variety of different sized wrenches, a chain breaker tool, an angle grinder and a welder.

Step 2: Step 2: Mount the Engine and Adjust the Chain!

You will need nuts and bolts to mount the engine on the existing mount plate. Then once the engine is somewhat loosely in place attach the clutch. Then run you chain around the sprocket and onto the clutch and mark where to break the chain.

Then use the chain-breaker to push the marked pin through the chain so that you can remove the extra chain. Attach the other end and push the pin through so you have a complete chain again.

Then once it is on the sprocket and clutch it will likely be a little loose. The engine mounts are made with some wiggle room so move the engine forwards or backwards until the chain is tight.

Step 3: Step 3: Cut Off the Unnecessary Bits and Connect Your Recliner

I used the Angle grinder to take off all the bits that stuck up off the frame so that I had a flat surface to mount the chair onto. I measured the metal legs of the recliner and built a frame for them out of some square tubing. Then once I had the right dimensions for the mounting frame I welded it to the legs and then welded my own frame to the frame of the go-kart. Then I just reattached the legs to the chair.

Step 4: Step 4: Steering

I reused parts that I cut off earlier and then welded them onto the frame that I built. I also cut the steering wheel shaft in half and welded some re bar in place to extend it.

For more detail on how I did this I will be providing a link to a YouTube video once I get the video edited.

Step 5: Step 5: Throttle and Break

I used the break off of an old mountain bike for the throttle and connected to the engine. For the breaks I just welded some plating onto the break pads to extend them out to the side of the chair and then I just used a long & light pipe to create a handle.