Introduction: Thread Organizer Out of a Cork Board and Toothpicks
I cant tell you how many times I go digging in my sewing box and find all of the spools of thread twisted together! This project is going to make your sewing days a dream cruise...well, something like that. It's cute, cheap, and keeps you organized and I love organized.
Step 1: What You Will Need:
What You Will Need:
-Toothpicks (notice mine are little umbrellas. Hey, do what you can with what you have, right!)
-Measuring tape or ruler
-Marker or Pen
-A nail or pin to hang it up
Step 2: Lets Begin!
1. Start by laying your cork board on the ground
2. Lay your ruler or measuring tape down:
- 3" from the top
- Put a dot every 2" across your board
Note: Play around with where you would like your toothpicks to be.
I choose to space mine out every 2", but do whatever works for you!
Step 3: Hammer in Toothpicks
3. Push your toothpick into the cork board a little.
4. Do it on a slight angle, so the thread wont fall right back off after you slide it on
5. Hammer a toothpick in each dot you made
Step 4: Make Another Row
6. Measure 3" down from your first row of toothpicks to add a second row:
Again, you can play around with the spacing
Step 5: Repeat Steps 2-6
7. Repeat steps 2-6
I did 4 rows of 7 & 1 row of 3
Step 6: Hang Up Your Board!
Hang your new board up
Hang your thread up!
Step 7: ENJOY!!!
Thank you for checking out my project!
To see more like this one go to korrinewojcik.blogspot.com
1 Person Made This Project!
- fcnails made it!