Introduction: Cartoon CheeseCake That Looks Like Swiss Cheese 🧀 (Super Easy!)
Hi everyone! In this recipe, I will show you how to make a lemon flavored Tom & Jerry cartoon cheesecake. When I was little, I would watch cartoons with this type of cheese in it, and would always wonder how it tasted like. Today, I'm making my dreams come true by making this cheesecake! It is a playful and delicious treat to make. Let's get started! 🧀
14 lemon cream cookies(lemon sandwich cookies)
40g melted butter(3 tbsp)
300g cream cheese(12 oz)
200g whipping cream (1 cup)
Yellow food coloring
Vanilla extract ½ tbsp
½ cup sugar(100g)
50g whipping cream(3 tablespoons)
🧀 Special equipment
Cheesecake pan (7 inch pan)
Whisk or Hand mixer
Step 1: Making the Crust, Part 1
1.Separate the cream from the cookies and save for later use.
2. Add the cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs.
Step 2: Making the Crust, Part 2
3. Add in the melted butter into the bag and squeeze the bag around all areas to evenly distribute the butter. (You can also mix the butter and cookie crumbs in a bowl, which is much easier).
4. Put the crumbs covered in butter into a cheesecake mold, and press down with a flat tool. I'm using a bowl, but you can use a cup, spatula, or measuring cups for this step.
(Put your crust in the freezer until it is time to put the batter in the mold)
Step 3: Making the Cheesecake Batter, Part 1
1. Add 3 tablespoons (50g) of heavy cream into the cream of the cookies. Microwave in 20 second intervals until the cream is melted. If your cream is not yellow, add food coloring into the cream mixture to color your cake.
2. Add in the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and cream mixture into a bowl. Mix until combined.
Step 4: Making the Cheesecake Batter, Part 2
3. Whip your whipping cream until soft peaks form. Combine it with your previous mixture and fold gently. Add more food coloring if necessary.
1. Add your batter into the cheesecake pan. Smoothen out your cheesecake from the top, and jiggle it slightly. Place in the fridge for 10 hours or overnight before continuing towards the next step.
Step 6: Making It Look Like Cheese
1. Unmold your cheesecake. You can do this by dipping a dishcloth into warm water, and putting it on the sides of your pan for 10-15 seconds. Then unmold your cheesecake.
2. Take three different measuring spoons (Tablespoon, teaspoon, and 1/2 teaspoon) and dip them in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Wipe of the water, and start carving different sized holes into your cheesecake with different sized spoons.(This gives it a cartoony effect)
Step 7: Finished Product
You're done! Cut slices into the cheesecake by dipping the knife in warm water, and wiping it off. This makes it easier to slice the cheesecake. I hope you enjoyed it !
Participated in the
Cheese Speed Challenge