Introduction: Tonkatsu / Japanese Style Crunchy Pork Cutlet
This is popular main course in Japan. I guess bit thick katsu compare to other Asian pork cutlet. Enjoy Japanese style katsu:)
Step 1: Ingredients / 2 Servings
- 2 pieces pork rib ( Normally in Japan, people get loin for Tonkatsu but I get rib pork at nearby store in Canada. because I feel like the loin is bit dry meat for me here. I prefer tender :)
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 cups panko ( bread crumbs)
- 2 cups flour Tonkatsu sauce ( worstersauce )
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cabbage for topping
- Oil for frying
Step 2: Make Preparation for Pork
1. Make slits on muscle of the pork both side to not curling them while frying. Then, pound the pork with stick or back of your knife. After that, back to the original shape them by hand.
2. Season the pork with salt and papper.
Step 3: Shredded Cabbage With Slicer or Knife.
Step 4: Coating
Set aside, beaten eggs, bread crumbs and flour on the plate separately.
❶Coat the pork with flour.
❷Coat it with eggs.
➌wrapped it in bread crumbs and press as wrapping gently.
Step 5: Deep Fry
1. Heat the oil 170℃.( You can check the temperature with chopsticks. Dip a chopstick into the oil. If the oil starts steadily bubbling, the oil is ready for frying. Or you can also check with a little bread. Just drop a little bread into the oil.
2. Deep fry until it's nicely browned. It's for 4 to 5 min. (each side about 2 min and deep fry 180 for last 1 min. )
⭐️ Put them diagonally to drain excess oil.