Introduction: Trigabot Got a 3D Makeover
After assembled the quadruped robot. I decided to print out some replace parts for Trigabot. Through out the first stage of testing, I recognize some weakness of the bot that can improve. For instance the shoulder and elbow connection are fairly weak and the contact surface of each leg is too small.
As the beginning of the build, I copied down the shape and also measured the mass of individual part. So that when I design all the armor parts for Trigabot, I tried to have the design that have mass tolerant about plus and minus 1 gram.
I will try to write more about the reason behind each design, how to assembly and the STL file. Sorry for any unconvinced, I try to publish this post so that I can showcase the Trigabot Armor.
Hi Makers, as the viewer approaching 1K and I know it is not that much to bragging about. However to me, this is a remarkable benchmark. Therefor, if you are owning one of the Sunfounder scrawling bot and interesting about the Trigabot 3D Makeover Amor send me your email with picture of you and you bot, I will select a lucky Maker. The winner will receive a complete 3D printed Trigabot's Armor.
Step 1: ********UPDATE 10/24/2015******** 3D .STL FILE UPLOAD
Sorry for the long delay. I hope everyone had a good midterm ( if you have one like me >"<). As promise I have all the .stl file for the Trigabot 3D makeover. If any Maker print the model out please send me some picture. If you have any question about assembly or printing setting please leave in the comment below.
My 3D printer is Printrbot Metal Simple, and here is my setting:
- 0.1 mm layer
- 0.8 first and last layer
- 210 Celsius
- 20 to 30 mm/s