Introduction: Two Wheel Drive Electric Moped
This project takes a 500 watt electric bike from Spark Cycleworks and upgrades it to a 2,500 dual motor moped
Step 1: Gather the Supplies
- Any bike, we just used one of our Bandit series ebike from the shop at Spark Cycleworks (Here)
- Two 52V batteries
- A front 1,000 Watt and rear 1,500 Watt hub motor
- Ammo Box
Step 2: Disassembly and Paint
- Strip the bike of the front and rear wheel
- Remove the brakes, derailleur, and any other components you don't want to get paint on
- For paint, we did a white base, gloss black on top, gold splatter, then clear coat over the top.
Step 3: Wire Up
- We used an ammo box to house the controller and wires
- We decided to use independent throttles for the front and rear motors
Step 4: Take a Ride!
It's time for a test ride! Start by using the rear motor only and get familiar with the power. Next, use the front motor throttle to unleash to full torque!