Introduction: UPC Barcode Recycling Scanner
In many cases people want to recycle, but they don't know if the item is recyclable or not.
Our Recycling Scanner scans the UPC barcode and immediately gives the answer:
- Green light - RECYCLE
- Red light - TRASH
- Both red and green - UKNOWN (follow traditional recycling rules)
See demo at:
(1) Arduino board (e.g. Arduino Uno)
(1) PS/2 barcode scanner (e.g. http://www.adafruit.com/products/1202)
(1) 5V Reed Relay (e.g. https://aerobasegroup.com/part-number/HE421A5623)
(1) 10KOhms Resistor
(2) 1KOhms Resistor
(1) 2N2222 Transistor
(1) Power source with USB output (e.g.http://www.amazon.com/Estone-Battery-Portable-Emer...
(1) USB cable
1. Follow RecycleBarcodeScanner.pdf to connect parts together
2. Upload RecyScan.ino to Arduino board
3. Power up the scanner
4. Start scanning!
5. You can modify RecyScan.ino to add more green (recyclable) / red (trash) bar code