Introduction: Very Simple Reminder Board
This is a Reminder System Board on a table.
Before you go out the front door, it will flash 3 times as you pass to get your attention, after 3 seconds it will flash 3 times again, and so on. On the board will have a paper with things written on it at the day before, that you are supposed to bring. You will be reminded to check if you have brought all the things you need, then you can leave after you do so!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- 1 distance sensor (HC-SR04)
- 1 resistor (100kΩ)
- 1 LED (Red)
- 1 USB Cable
- 1 Arduino Leonardo
- 1 Breadboard
- 9 wires (2 alligator head wires, 3 short wires, 4 long wires)
- 1 Small box
- 1 Smaller box
- 1 Roll of tape / double-sided tape
- 2 Magnets
- 1 Marker
- 1 Scissors (or something to cut with)
- 1 Colored paper
- 1 Random paper
- 1 Pen
Step 2: Put Them All Together
Put all the parts together according to the picture above.
- Use the 2 alligator head wires for the two wires of the LED.
- Use 2 short wires for the two wires on the top left. (of the breadboard) The two wires connecting 5V and GND to the board.
- Use 1 short wire for the wire connecting the resistor to the negative row.
- Use the long wires for the rest of the lines.
Step 3: Input the Script
Here is the script, just copy-paste the script onto Arduino, and then upload it into Arduino Leonardo using the USB cable.
Step 4: Decoration
Now for the decoration:
(Look to picture for reference.)
- Put everything in the small box (You can cover the box with colored paper if you want, like me!)
- Put a magnet inside a smaller box/board and another outside of it
- Stick the smaller box on top of the small box like a sign.
- And now you can write things you need to bring, and stick it on the smaller box with the magnet!
And now you're done! C:
Thanks for viewing this page~