A party just isn’t complete without cake. Cakes, cupcakes, and cake pops -- in the Cake Decorating Contest, the design possibilities are endless and delicious! Prizes are provided by Blurb and winners will be featured in a commemorative Blurb magazine. Blurb is also offering a special judges' prize for cakes inspired by famous works of art, so break out the art history books for ideas.
The top confectioners will also take home Canon DSLR camera bundles, tabletop lighting equipment, Wilton cookware, and more. We’re looking for cakes that will taste good and look good, so take extra care when photographing and documenting your work. For those who need a little coaching, try our new Cake Decorating Class for helpful tips and tricks. Share your cake and eat it, too!
Want more contests? Check out Instructables' current contests here!
The Cake Decorating Contest is closed.
First Prize (3)
Second Prize (5)
Runner Up (10)
Grand Prize (1)
- a Canon EOS Rebel T6 Digital SLR Camera + Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens & EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens + Wide Angle Lens + 58mm 2x Lens + Auto Power Flash + 48GB SDHC Card + Accessory Bundle
- $400 Blurb Credit
- a Neewer® 700W Professional Photography 24"x24"/60x60cm Softbox with E27 Socket Light Lighting Kit for Photo Studio
- an Instructables prize pack including a robot apron or stainless steel prize pack
Judges' Prize: Cake Inspired by Art
- a Canon EOS Rebel T5 DSLR Camera Bundle with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, Carrying Case and Accessory Kit (19 Items)
- $400 in Blurb Credit
- a LimoStudio 24" Folding Photo Box Tent LED Light Table Top Photography Studio Kit, AGG1071
- an Instructables prize pack including a robot apron or stainless steel mug
Runner Up (10)
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Aug 29, 2016 and Oct 10, 2016 (11:59pm PT).
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select Cake Decorating Contest. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be notified and announced here on the contest page.