Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Requirements
Step 2: Measure USB Stick
- Measure the dimensions of your cover-less USB stick.
- Using those dimensions make a hole in your design as shown in the attached picture.
- Depending on the accuracy of the print you might wanna add a little bit of tolerance to allow the USB stick to fit with ease.
- Do NOT make your design too big or otherwise you might find difficulties connecting your USB to your PC/laptop. Give some space for the USB head to allow for easy connection with USB ports.
I have included 5 designs that I made using Blender (Camera, Water Tower, Plain Look, Egg, Plain Look #2)
- قم بقياس الذاكرة
- قم بعمل تجويف في التصميم بنفس القياسات
- اجعل الحجم اكبر قليلا لأن الطباعة ستكون اصغر بسبب ضعف الدقة
- لا تجعل التصميم كبيرا لأنه قد يعيق وصل الذاكرة بالحاسب
Step 3: 3D Print Your Design
This step is straight forward if you have a 3D printer and you know what you're doing. Otherwise, the 3D printing service you use will take care of all of the printing settings.
قم بالطباعة الثلاثية الآن
Step 4: Glue & Attach
- Using Super Glue, add a few drops in the hole you made in the casing.
- Then simply insert the USB drive inside
- Leave it for a few minutes to dry out. 10 - 15 minutes should do the trick.
- That's it! Enjoy your custom made USB case :D
- قم بتصميغ الذاكرة, قطرات قليلة تكفي
- ضع الذاكرة في الغلاف
- اتركها لتجف
- التصميم جاهز الآن
Step 5: Ideas & Thoughts
There are so many things that could have been done differently in designing a USB cover, let me share a few of those ideas:
- You can make your design with or without cover
- You might wanna add sliding mechanism to hide the USB stick in the casing (this might involve some testing depending on the 3D printer you are using)
- You can make make casing that looks like animal, stick figures, fruits...etc Go CRAZY with your ideas and definitely you'll make something genius.
- If the USB sticks have small LED, you can use transparent(frosted) 3D printing material which will make the LED light "bleed" in the design (imagine an eye where the LED is :O)
If you make anything using this instructable please do share. I'd love to see what you guys are making.
Thank you for reading my tutorial :)
Participated in the
3D Printing Contest 2016