Intro: Beer Bottle Fire Lamp
Maybe it's time to tidy up, do the recycling, open the curtains, or instead you could make a few nice beer bottle lamps and say it's a new trend, if your place is a pit then the materials will be less then a few feet from you, in the rare case that you're tidy then you may need to walk to the kitchen...
Step 1: House-hold Materials!!!
- beer bottle (a clear or green one is best)(i used a Chinese one)
- cotton balls (no substitutes!)
- a sheet foil (any will do)
- liquid fuel (denatured alcohol and canola oil are good)
- a source of ignition (matches, lighters, anything will do)
- an upside down bowl, or something else to snuff out the flame, for when you're done...
- a fire extinguisher? i hope you won't need one...
Step 2: Keep on Rollin'
- 2-3 cotton balls
Step 3: Fill Er' Up!
- a funnel (maybe)
- the beer bottle
use a funnel if you have to.
Step 4: Finish Up
- foil, or cap
- finished wick
Now rip out a piece of foil, and poke a small hole in it.
Then put the wick (already in the bottle) through the hole, and rap it up, and repeat until you think it's enough.
(see picture for help)
The foil will cap the bottle, and more importantly, it'll block the flame from the rest of the fuel, and seal the rest of the fuel from oxygen.
Step 5: Light It Up!
- the finished lamp (duh)
- the lighter, or match, or whatever...
Now take your lighter or match, and light the wick!
The fuel will burn but not the wick.
Congratulations, you're done!