This is the Voice Recognition Music Player. It can play up to 33 songs depending on how many song titles and artist you store.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: PARTS:
- Arduino Uno
- Arduino Mega
- LCD 16x2 Display
- 2x ATMega1284
- Smakn Speak Recognition Module
- HC-08 Bluetooth Module(iOS compatible)(Amazon.com)
- MicroSD card Adapter Reader (Amazon.com)
- 200x Gain LM386 Audio Amplifier Module(Amazon.com)
- 4Ω Speaker.
- 8 Single LED's
- 8 Resistors (330Ω)
Step 2: First ATmega1284
SPI Communication between two ATmega's 1284
- Connect Pin 5 to Pin 5
- Connect Pin 6 to Pin 6
- Connect Pin 7 to Pin 7
- Connect Pin 8 to Pin 8
USART Communications between Bluetooth module and First ATmega
- Connect GND Pin to GND on breadboard
- Connect VCC to 5V on breadboard
- Connect Tx to Pin 17 on ATmega
- Connect Rx to Pin 16 on ATmega
- Use LightBlue app for IOS and send hex values though Characteristics when connected to the HC-08.
- Use "Write new value" and write the hex value of your choice.
USART Communication between First ATmega and Arduino MEGA
- Connect Pin 18 to Pin 14 on ATmega
- Connect Pin 19 to Pin 15 on ATmega
Step 3: Second ATmega1284
Connect 8 LED's to ATmega
- Connect LED(Long side) to Pins 33-40.
- Connect 330Ω Resistor to each LED and the other end to GND on the breadboard.
Connect LCD to ATmega.
- Connect LCD Pin 1 to GND on breadboard
- Connect LCD Pin 2 to 5V on breadboard
- Connect LCD Pin 3 to Potentiometer (10KΩ) through to GND.
- Connect LCD Pin 4 to ATmega Pin 20
- Connect LCD Pin 5 to GND.
- Connect LCD Pin 6 to ATmega Pin 21
- Connect LCD Pin 7 - 14 to ATmega Pin 22-29
- Connect LCD Pin 15-16 to VCC - GND
Step 4: Arduino Uno
Connect MicroSD card Adapter to Arduino Uno.
- Connect GND to GND on Arduino
- Connect VCC to 5V on Arduino
- Connect MISO to Pin 12
- Connect MOSI to Pin 11
- Connect SCK to Pin 13
Connect CS to Pin 4Connect 200x Gain LM386 Audio Amplifier Module to Arduino Uno
- Connect two GND to GND on a breadboard
- Connect IN to Pin 9 on Arduino
- Connect VCC to 5V on a breadboard
Connect Speaker to Audio Amplifier Module.
- Connect + to VCC on Audio Amplifier
- Connect - to GND on Audio Amplifier
Connect Arduino Uno to First ATmega1284
- Connect Pin 2 to Pin 15 on ATmega
- Connect Pin 3 to Pin 14 on ATmega
Add TMPpcm-master.zip to Arduino Library
- Sketch >> Include Library >> Add zip Library
Step 5: Change Mp3 to Wav Files
- Change bit resolution: 8bit
Change sampling rate: 16000Hz
Change audio channels: mono
PCM format: PCM unsigned 8-bit
Step 6: Arduino Mega
Connect Smakn Speak Recognition Module(SRM) to Arduino MEGA
- Connect SRM GND to GND on breadboard.
- Connect SRM VCC to 5V on breadboard.
- Connect SRM TX to Pin 10
- Connect SRM RX to Pin 11
Upload VoiceRecognitionV3-master.zip to Arduino Library
- Click on then Sketch >> Include Library >> Add zip Library
- Train up to 80 words using sigtrain. eg(sigtrain 0 BrunoMars)
- It will train Bruno Mars to position 0 and can be used using load 0.
- While in load when it hears Bruno Mars it will output it in the Serial Monitor.
- You load 7 commands at a time and see how many are in and what values are in load using vr.
- You can clear the load by using clear.