Tired of the same old ham sandwich lunch? Follow this quick and simple recipe and be the star among your friends and colleagues on your next lunch break! Chinese style steak muffin uses the ingredients available at your local grocery store to create a lunch menu of perfect harmony!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
- English muffin or similar buns
- beef (any medium-marble piece will be okay)
Seasoning and sauces:
- black pepper
Step 2: Cutting and Seasoning
- Remove any excessive ligaments from the meat
- Cut the beef against grain, into slices as thin as possible
- Finely dice scallion and cilantro
- Season beef with cumin, soy sauce, salt, and sugar
Step 3: Cooking
In a hot pan, high heat:
- add 2 tbsp oil
- place in beef when its searing hot
- quickly stir and disperse the meat to cook evenly
- remove from heat when pan is dry and beef is fully cooked (~2-4 minutes depending on temperature)
In another pan:
- toast the muffins
Step 4: Putting It Together
- Slice the muffins 3/4 of the way through
- stuff in the beef first, then top with cilantro and scallion
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 days.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017