Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
- Green Paper
- White Paper
- White Greeting Card
- Sticky Squares and/or Double Sided Tape*
- Silhouette Cameo
*I used the sticky squares to stick down the green strips and then used the double sided tape for sticking the woven card to the greeting card.
**The Silhouette File is provided. Also, if you don't have a Silhouette Cameo, I've provided the files in PDF so you can print it off on the green and white paper and then cut it out. I would suggest an exacto knife and ruler if you do that method.
Step 2: Create Pieces
I know I just bore you all with how I created to file, so I'll just let you check out the images an let me know if you have any questions. It's just all about lining things up and getting things spaced right. There are notes on the images as well.
I will point out that for this project I changed the grid divisions and used "snap to grid" to make sure things spaced and lined up just right. You can see this in the second image.
Step 3: Assemble
- Looking at the back of the card, mark the center. I just helps keep you focused on where you are. Photo 1
- Cut up pieces of your sticky squares (if you want to do that). Photo 2
- Start the weave at the top. Photo 4
- Use your sticky pieces to hold your strips in place, so they don't try to bunch up on each other or separate. Photo 5
- Continue weaving.
- Just showing you how I managed the up and down weaving. Photo 7 - 12
- When you are at the end, you can just continue normally, or you can do what I did. I wove all the strips until I had two left. Then I skipped to the last strip and did that one and snugged it up against the bottom. Then I went back and did the second to last strip. Photo 13 - 14
Step 4: Optional Additions
So, I'm not great at leaving things as done, when they seem like you could push it a little more. So, since I had some space on the sides, I decided to add a little border to each side.
Just go for it and see what happens :)
Step 5: Put It Together
Time to stick it down. I decided to use double sided tape since I could cover more area easier. So I put strips of tape on the edge trying to cover the white of the card and the green strips. If you just cover the green and not the white card, it won't stick right.
And you're done :)