There are so many uses of glass bottles from containers to drinking glasses. This instructable will sow how to cut a glass bottle using a string and some fire magic.
Hope you enjoy this and it helps you in your future projects
Please vote for me the string contest....
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Needed
The required materials are
- Glass Bottle
- A piece of string or yarn. Yarn works better.
- Acetone (Nail Polish Remover) or lighter fluid
- An ice bath
- Sandpaper or a nail file
Step 2: The Process
1. Tie the string around the bottle rotating it about 4 to 5 times. Tie a tight knot and cut off the excess string
2. Now remove the string from the bottle and dip it into acetone or lighter fluid. Allow it to get fully soaked.
3. Slide the string back onto the bottle.
4. Get the ice bath and above it light the string using the lighter. Rotate the bottle as the acetone burns for even heating.
5. Let the acetone burn off and then immediately dip the bottle in the ice bath.
6. The bottle should break into two pieces giving you an okayish cut.
Step 3: Now What to Do
So you have cut the glass bottle and now you're wondering what you can do with it. Well there is alot that you can do.
1. Sand down the rough edges using a grinder or sand paper. A grinder would be more efficient. You can now use this as a drinking glass or a container.
2. Make the cut at a lower height in the bottle and use the above portion as a decorative candle holder..
3. Lights: just cutting back the bottom of the bottle, and pass through electrical equipment and electrical cords in different lengths
4. A table lamp by larger decorative bottles that will make removing the lower part is to pass the cable and to adjust a cloth hat in the neck of the bottle
The possibilities are endless. Let's see what you can make of it......
Please vote for me in the string contest.
Participated in the