Earphones have become an essential accessory for a mobile phone. Earlier there were only wired earphones available but now the market is flooded with variety of wireless earphones as well. Although a vast number of people use wireless earphones but there is still a majority of people using wired earphones. The most common problem with wired earphones is the frequent entangling of wires and the frustration to untangle the wires every single time before using them.
In this Instructable, i decided to make a simple earphones holder at home that will completely eliminate the need to untangle the wires forever and you will be able to use wired earphones with relatively more comfort.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video
It is always recommended to watch the video as it provides a deep insight into understanding of the procedure and makes it easy to follow.
Step 2: Order Parts
- Plastic Gears - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Hot Glue Gun - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Stationary Knife - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Plastic Gears - http://amzn.to/2zRbcGn
- Hot Glue Gun - https://amzn.to/2Sf7oad
- Stationary Knife - http://amzn.to/2q879jK
- Plastic Gears - http://amzn.to/2xq6A8J
- Hot Glue Gun - http://amzn.to/2rjNE9r
- Stationary Knife - http://amzn.to/2q1kb6M
From Home & Local Store: Bottle caps, metal shaft slightly longer than depth of both the caps (to hold plastic gears) and wired earphones.
Note: A metal shaft can be extracted from a toy DC motor.
Step 3: Prepare the Bottle Caps
- Take two identical plastic bottle caps.
- Using a mini PCB drill, make holes at the center of both the caps.
- Insert metal shaft through the hole and lock the shaft from one side by inserting a plastic gear.
- Using a stationary knife, make slight cut at the opposite edges of both the bottle caps to incorporate the wires.
Note: Refer to the images attached above. and you can also watch the video to make a mini PCB drill easily at home.
Step 4: Add the Earphones
- Take the wired earphones that you frequently use.
- Measure the center point of the earphone wires and make a wire loop around that point.
- Insert the metal shaft along with the bottle cap through the wire loop.
- Secure the earphone wires to the shaft using hot glue.
- Adjust the wires to the cuts made in bottle caps.
- Apply hot glue over the bottle cap and seal it with the other cap on the top.
- Lock the metal shaft by inserting another plastic gear to the other end.
- You will now have a earphones with a cylindrical box hanging in middle.
Note: Make sure to watch the video in order to avoid any errors.
Step 5: Test Earphones Holder
Our Homemade DIY Earphones Holder is now ready. Use the plastic gears to rotate the metal shaft and the earphone wires will easily roll over it. To use the earphones just pull the earphone wires as per the required length. The wires will never entangle again enabling to easily store and use the earphones.
So Friends, this here concludes the instructable, stay tuned and SUBSCRIBE to receive regular updates. In case you might have missed, watch the video and see how i made these wonderful DIY earphones holder at home.
Thanks For Your Support..!