Introduction: DIY Fidget Spinner From Cutting Boards / HDPE Plastic
At the request of my son, I make a Fidget Spinner and wanted to share this with you.
Fidget Spinners is a triangular toy that can be rotated at the fingertips with bearing in the middle. The different types of trick videos featuring these toys have been uploaded to YouTube, while the images that associate Fidget Spinners with autism often circulate in different meme communities.
But this time we will not discuss it all, how to make your own by utilizing the goods that are around us. Here I use extreme material because of the plastic that has been more than half burned. With triangular and bearing models at each end and center
For the modeling i use vectric aspire 8.5
Step 1: Project Materials and Tools
Plastic Cutting boards
Homemade CNC Router
Vectric Aspire 8.5
Step 2: Fidget Spinner Desig With Vectric Aspire 8.5
First of all
- Open your vectric aspire program
Create a new file Specify job size : In accordance with the existing workpiece (ex : w:350mm h:150mm t:7mm)
- Then draw a circle vector with the Draw Circle button, fill the diameter of the circle with 22mm because here I use a bearing with code 608rs which means has an outer diameter of 22 mm, 8 mm inner diameter with a thickness of 7 mm in accordance with the thickness of the workpiece
- Then transform the object in the center of material
- Create a new circle with radius 27mm (outer bearing diameter plus 5mm), transform object to the center
- Make 6 circles around the center circle using the small and large circle vectors we have created
- By using copy vector a long object tools, a small circle as a vector to be copied on a large circle vector
- Select three circles to form a triangle
- Create vector boundary with distance 5 mm
- Delete big one circle
- Now with Interactive Vector Trim you can delete unused line
- Then make the cover with Draw Circle tools
- Create Toolpath and simulated
Step 3: Bearing Preparation
- open the bearing rubber seal (608RS ; Rubber Seal) with screwdriver
- You probably notice that the bearings are very greasy. Squirt a few drops of the degreaser into a cup of water and let the bearings sit in the solution for a few minutes. After this, you should see a noticeable difference in the amount of time the bearing spins.
Step 4: Cutting and Assembling
The cutting process begins with the making of holes for each bearing, making a profile lid cover, just cut in total.
The assembling process depends on the bearing hole design, meaning that when we do the design we should consider hole tolerance with the outer diameter of the bearing or profile lid cover with the hole in the bearing. Also depends on the accuracy of the machine and tools that we use.
Then the process of cutting and assemblingnya can be seen on the video that I embed
Thank U Very Much