It's been awhile but I am back for 2015 with my newest creation, this project was in the pipeline for years I have drawn out plans and dreamed about doing it. So I got the chance to bring another dream of mine to life, WARNING this project is not for the ones faint of heart. On a scale of 1 to 10 its a 10 maybe even an 11 on how hard its to make something like this happen. Plus I only had a 30 day deadline keep in mind I work full time 40 hours a week and 2 days off a week. So I only really had 10 days to make this happen.
Step 1: BLOOD SWEAT AND GEARS
This is the heart and soul to this whole project, Drills have plenty of power to offer but its getting going in the right way is the trick. You can go get a right angle attachment and mod it, sadly I don't do things that way. To the CNC and lathe with this assembly. Full aluminum housing with 304 stainless right angle gears and output, to a simple #25 sprocket. The holster is a quick release design with adjustments. Because there are a number of different drills that can be used. I designed it so I will fit different makes and models of drills, just change and shift the holding bracket to make different drills to fit.
Step 2: Getting Power to the Ground
For this project I was using an old pocket bike I found in the trash . The rear rim came with a small light weight sprocket. That's gone and replaced with a bigger #25 sprocket to match the out put. There isn't much to say about this step.
Step 3: Mock Up
On the mock up I needed to make sure the front sprocket lined up with the rear tire. And how I would mount it to the bike. To solve this problem I reused the slotted plate where the engine sat and relocated it on in the frame. Now I need to cut it all apart and re-weld it.
Step 4: FABRICATION
So I relocated the old mount plate to the top of the frame to hold the gear drive. Re enforced the frame and changed the saddle. It was molded with a gas tank cover, So that was removed and needed to do body work to fill in what was missing. I know it looks small but it took about 16 hours of fabrication to get all the parts to work together
Step 5: LIVE TO RIDE
Yes the color changed from a stain to a copper tone gloss. This bike can reach about 35mph on a fully charged I-on battery. It will also turn peoples heads when you zip past them riding on a drill. This bike can fit Rigid, Makita, Dewalt, Ryobi, etc. A drill with about 1700 to 2000+ rpm is ideal to get this bike moving. Overall this bike is a great, fun to ride and handles great.
Step 6: NEW AND IMPROVED UPDATES AND REDESIGNS
This bike have been built in 2015 and since then I've working on improving it and making it better. Run smoother and go faster. Also I needed to make it look cooler because everyone knows if it looks cool in must go faster. This bike had a major problem with popping its chain off the sprocket. So the frame as been completely redesigned so it has better lineament, along with adjusters to keep tension. A better roller to keep the chain from hitting the swing arm what is made from an old long board wheel. To give it a more finished look it received a new saddle, and a candy orange paint job with diamond plate panels. Also a new headlight because I broke the old one OOPS.
shivams8 made it!