Introduction: Duct Tape Flower Pen
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather All Materials
Things you will need: - Duck Brand Duct Tape (any other brand works too) - Pen (any color works) - X-Acto Knife (optional, good for clean cuts, scissors also work well)
Step 2: Create the Stem of the Flower
- Take your pen and cover it in tape (lengthwise works the best). This step is completed best if you roll the pen across the tape, sticky-side up. - Also, if you want a colored center, place a 1 inch piece of tape around the top so it flat, this way you will have a better looking flower
Step 3: Create the Petals of the Flower
- To make your petals, cut several strips of 2-inch long duct tape squares.
Step 4: Folding the Petals
- Fold one edge over itself sticky side up, leaving some stickiness exposed on the side and bottom.
Step 5: Folding the Petals, Continued
- Take the other edge and fold it over, leaving only stickiness on the bottom of the strip.
Step 6: Placing the Petals on the Stem
- Wrap the petal tightly around the top of the stem.
Step 7: Adding More Petals
- Repeating Steps 2-5 with additional strips of duct tape, wrapping the petals around the top. Continue until you've reached the desired size.