Introduction: Duet WiFi – Activate and Connect the WiFi… When It Doesn’t Work!
Duet WiFi – Activate and connect the WiFi… when it doesn’t work!
Guess we've all tried it.. just can't get the WiFi to connect to our home network. Especially after a firmware upgrade.
For some reason the non-macro manual method doesn't always work, and I've learned that the most simple solution then, is to create a macro file with the needed info and execute the macro.
This post is a boiled down version of my Duet WiFi/Eth – Recover from Erase + basic setup post and a direct copy of this same Instructables on my own blog.
Macrofile for networksetup
- We need to create a small macrofile to make it connect to our WiFi. I tried doing this manually without the Macro, but I simply just could not get it to connect..
- So, go to your Macros folder on your SD card and create a new file named SetNetwork containing the following commands (without spaces before or after the commands on each line):
M552 S0<br>G4 P10000
M587 S"your-network-ssid" P"your-network-password"
- Now eject the card from your computer and insert it into your Duet WiFi and connect it to your computer using the USB cable
- Connect to your Duet WiFi using Pronterface or some other Terminal Program and type M552 S0 to start the WiFi module
WiFi module started
- Type in M98 P/macros/SetNetwork to execute the macro we created
WiFi module started
- Send M587 and check that your network is listed
- Send M552 S1. After a few seconds you should see a message that it has connected to your access point and display the IP it has recieved.
- Connect via the web interface
- Enable the M552 S1 command in config.g – if it’s not in there, then just make a new line and type it in.
- For security reasons you might want to delete the SetNetwork macro file
SD Card Folder Structure
It’s usefull to know how the structure is supposed to be on the SD-card and also to know the function of each of the files and more info.
All this is shown on the SD Card folder structure wiki page
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.